How to Remove Private Videos from YouTube. Delete unwanted content from your Youtube Studio Channel.
Are you a YouTube content creator who wants to delete their private videos from YouTube? Find out how you can easily do that in a few simple steps.
YouTube is the leading platform for all content creators nowadays. You can make content about pretty much anything on YouTube, including cooking, gaming, tutorials, skits, and the possibilities are endless!
Being a content creator is not a piece of cake.
Sure, you will put out a lot of content because this is what you do. But it doesn't mean that you are proud of everything you are putting out. Sometimes you might have to make a video private or delete it altogether for many reasons.
Maybe the style of your content has changed now, and you want to delete an old video. Or perhaps, you made a video private a long time ago because you were not so sure about it. And now you want to delete that video eternally because you are sure that you do not need it anymore.
Whatever the case is, it is not rocket science to remove content from your YouTube channel. (Or your YouTube account, which is created automatically once you make a Gmail account). You see, YouTube might have the power to create your YouTube channel by themselves. But they definitely cannot stop you from deleting any old cringy videos you posted.
This article will provide you with simple steps to remove private videos from YouTube.
So, check out how to remove YouTube videos in simple steps below.
How to Remove Private Videos From YouTube
Removing a private YouTube video from your channel is easy. Here's how to take it off your account with these steps:
- Open the YT Studio application.
- By clicking on the three lines in the left upper corner of your screen, a menu will appear.
- Click on Videos. Doing this will take you to all videos that you have ever uploaded to your YouTube channel.
- Spot the private video in the list of all videos. A private video will have a blue lock icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click on the private video, and it will show you the thumbnail and caption.
- Click on the "Edit" icon in the top right corner.
- A new interface will appear on your screen. Here, click on the "Advanced Settings" tab.
- Click on DELETE FROM YOUTUBE," which is written in blue at the end of the page.
- Now, a new dialogue box will appear on your screen. The dialogue box will say, "Are you sure you would like to delete this video?"
- Click "OK."
- You can permanently delete the private video from your YouTube channel after following this process.
Note: If the private YouTube video is still showing in the list of all videos, refresh the page, and it shall not be there next time.
Undoubtedly YouTube is the biggest video-sharing platform out there. Creating content for the YouTube channel is easy but so is deleting it permanently.
YouTube provides enough flexibility to delete videos from different playlists and Watch Later sections. This feature offers control in the hands of the users so they can have a smooth overall experience.
You can follow the steps we mentioned above to remove private videos from YouTube, and you will be good to go!